Thursday, October 8, 2009

Defying Gravity into the Sunrise

Oh. My. Gosh!!!

Who would have thought? Who would have thought it???? They were wonderful! They were tremendous! I wanted them to have a standing ovation, but people here don't generally know what that is... Lord knows, they deserved it. I think I danced all during the second act. I couldn't have been happier with them. My rookies, my babies, my lifelong children. I love them, love them, love them.

They sure didn't look like rookies to me. I couldn't be more proud of them.

So, this morning, I JUMPED out of bed, ready to meet them all at the box office and freely give out smiles and hugs and love... I drove into a gorgeous sunrise of pink and blue combed clouds, listening to "Defying Gravity" and I wanted my car to just take off into the air, like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! And fly! I love my life and all is well in the theatre world when the show comes together.

1 comment:

  1. I never doubted your ability to inspire! I'm really looking forward to seeing them tonight. (and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who uses the term "drama babies.") :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete