Sunday, April 25, 2010

These days won't come again...

As director, I watch the same show over and over and over again. You think I'd get tired of it. I never do. Never. Today is the last day ever that I'll watch "Sleeping Beauty and the Beast". It seems impossible. And I feel the precious moments of my life slipping by before I can grab them. I don't want to take my eyes off the stage. I might miss something, something that will be important to remember years down the road. I want to memorize every nuance of every performer and permanently imprint it on my brain. I want to soak it all up--the color, the lights, the music, the warmth of the young people standing near me in the tech booth, the smell of the coffee in my hand. I want to walk around and burn every detail into my senses. I want to personally speak to each and every parent who has helped make this happen. I want to hug every single child in this show one more time before it's over.

Over. Too soon. Where does the time go?

1 comment:

  1. tears... We All Love You, Chris! ---Erin J

    ReplyDelete