Sunday, February 15, 2009

After the Show

...everything is low. The set is down and away...there is no trace that we were ever there. Just the marquee that will soon be changed. Did anyone care enough to take a photo of it? I don't know.
Costumes away, props stashed in boxes to be sorted and stored. Tasks are a drudge now. My cast...my friends are scattered. I don't know where they are now. I don't know what they're doing. Back to their own lives. They're strangers again.
A play over is like a death to be mourned. All I want to do is sleep. Because I'm sad? Because I'm bored? Because I'm exhausted? I'm not really sure.
I'm in limbo in space. Between worlds, between lives, between dimensions. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow or what needs to be done.
Dark and silent. The curtain is closed. The lights are off. The door is locked.

No comments:

Post a Comment