Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Perfect Happiness

Could it be possible to be happier? This evening, we moved our show ("It's a Howl") into the theatre. It's really some of the hardest work you could do--dismantling the set, moving our flats down three flights of stairs (complete with landings and 180 degree turns), loading them into the trailer, unloading them at the theatre, and assembling our set--taping, painting, adding trim.... A good number of my teens showed up to help--Father's Day or no--they were there, working hard, talking, laughing, all of us enjoying being in each other's presence, sharing the common bond of our theatre family...I had moments of perfect happiness. Could it get any better than this?

The show is good. It's more than good. It's so THERE that I'm worried about OVER-rehearsing it. Is there such a thing as over=rehearsing?

I love these kids. I love being alive. I love what we've created. I love our 'the whole is greater than the sum of the parts' mentality. Could I be any happier? How could it be possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment